Monday, February 21, 2011

Illustration Friday on Monday Afternoon


© 2011 Juliette Nelson

It has been aaages since I've contributed to IF. This week's theme is "layer".
A good handful of my paintings are layer or stack-like, aren't they.


© 2011 Juliette Nelson

This time I thought I'd share a couple of sketches from a page in my sketch book, where (yes, my sketch book is a place) I sit for hours and hours engrossed in creating and following invisible lines, colors and rhythms, rendering them visible. When I sketch, if I'm not out in the world, I like to sit at my drafting table, or on a couch, surrounded by pens, watercolors and colored pencils of all varieties. I love having them all at my finger tips, that way I can scan the array of colors and textures available and pick up the one that matches the moment :)

Make sure to check out all the amazing work on Illustration Friday!

.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Juliette,
you are very inspiring and I loved to read what you shared. It is awesome to hear that you get carried away in your creativity. I have not spent time drawing in a while. It seems to be an act of discipline for me and even uncomfortable... but yet I know that it is filled with goodness because it brings me into my body and brings my feet on the ground. Thank you for sharing. As always love your work and I appreciate you! :)
Karen

illustration poetry said...

looks delicious! :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails